|Employee Self Service (ESS)|
We are pleased to announce an important enhancement to the central HR/Payroll system that will allow you to view your personal and payroll data and easily make changes. The enhancement is called Employee Self Service (ESS). It’s a convenient, secure, user-friendly resource that you will be able to access on-line through my.johnshopkins.edu. You will log on using your JHED ID; then click on My Payroll, then ESS.
Using Employee Self Service, you’ll easily be able to:
- Update your permanent address
- Update your emergency contact information
- View your personal data and work addresses
- Update your direct deposit information
- Make changes to your tax withholding information
- View your pay statements
- Link to E210 to review your timesheets and see the amount of sick and vacation time available to you (JHU employees only)
- View your time statements, including leave balances (JHHS employees only)
- View your time statements displaying hours worked (both JHU and JHHS hourly paid employees)
You will be able to perform these tasks quickly, without complicated forms or additional assistance.
All employees paid via SAP will have access to ESS with the following exceptions:
- Employees on I-9 hold or I-9 pending will not be able to access direct deposit information until the hold has been removed.
- Non Resident Aliens (NRA) will not be able to change withholding information.
- Employees with foreign addresses will not be able to access permanent address information.
HR/Payroll Shared Services is happy to answer your questions and to help you. Please contact us by calling 443-997-5828.
ESS Reference Guide| FAQs