|Johns Hopkins Travel - Hotels|
The Johns Hopkins Travel Program recommends using hotel properties that are part of our preferred supplier program in the Baltimore, MD area and beyond. There are chain-wide discounts with Starwood, Hilton, Choice Hotels, and IHG properties and are available via Concur and with World Travel Inc., the travel agency for Johns Hopkins.
Preferred Hotels for 2017
To access Johns Hopkins negotiated hotel rates for employees and guests, please visit our Hotel Directory page. From this site, you will be able to search by location for a listing of preferred hotels.
Making Lodging Reservations
If you are an employee of Johns Hopkins and booking for yourself, a fellow colleague, or guest coming to Johns Hopkins, the reservation must be created through one of the following methods:
Johns Hopkins Dedicated Agents Team
(888) 433-2556 (Toll Free)
(484) 348-6310 (Direct & Outside the United States)
firstname.lastname@example.org (8 AM – 8 PM EST, M-F)
email@example.com (All Other Times)
If you are a guest of the University or Health System making your own lodging arrangements, you can still take advantage of Johns Hopkins-negotiated rates by calling a preferred hotel and asking for the Johns Hopkins business (transient) rate.
If you are a patient traveling to Johns Hopkins, please contact Johns Hopkins USA if you are traveling from another state or Johns Hopkins Medicine International if you are traveling from outside of the U.S. Each has a medical concierge team ready to assist you with your travel and accommodation needs.
Hotel News and Information
- Choice Hotels has a free night promotion for Johns Hopkins; enroll in Choice Rewards and stay two nights, earn a free night.
- The Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore has lowered its preferred rate for Johns Hopkins - see the details here.
- IHG Hotels has announced a change to its cancellation policy: rooms must be cancelled 24-hours in advance (by 4pm or 6pm day prior, depending on location). Cancellation policies may vary for events and this policy will be rolled out through the remainder of 2017.
- Both Hilton and Marriott International hotels have announced a change to its cancellation policies: rooms must be canceled 48 hours in advance or a penalty will apply. Cancellations policies may still vary by hotel and for certain events or rates.
Information about Johns Hopkins' partnership with Airbnb.